Whether you’re looking for a general exercise class, cardio training or something much more specific (like a Pilates, yoga or even kickboxing), chances are you’ll find what you’re looking for right here. Indianapolis offers a wide variety of fitness resources to choose from, so take a minute and scan our list of the different options for discovering, beginning or switching up your next workout regimen.
Personal Trainers in Indianapolis
There’s nothing like a good workout session to boost your mood and keep you healthy, and while you can get the workout in by yourself, personal trainers can help you go that extra step to ensure the time you spend in the gym is as efficient as possible.
Photo by Edwardsburg
- Anytime Fitness– With six locations in the Indianapolis area, Anytime Fitness offers 24/7 anywhere club access, personal trainers, and a selection of premium cardio and strength training equipment.
- CrossFit Broad Ripple– CrossFit Broad Ripple is a community driven strength and conditioning facility dedicated to providing the highest quality training to anyone with the drive to improve their fitness.
- Downtown Boot Camp– Downtown Boot Camp offers small, personalized and goal oriented classes for weight loss, muscle toning, and training for your preferred sport.
- Fitness By Design– FBD offers one-on-one personal training sessions and small group personal training classes, providing you with a fitness plan that fits your body and goals.
- Fitness Now– Located off of Virginia Ave and South Street in Indianapolis, Fitness Now provides its members with a healthy start program, certified personal trainers, core conditioning, top of the line cardio and strength equipment and more.
- Hoffacker Fitness– With over 20 years of experience in the fitness industry, Steve Hoffacker provides a unique approach to strength and conditioning that will aid in improving your long-term fitness success.
- LA Fitness– Whether it’s weight loss, conditioning, exercise performance, or overall appearance and wellbeing, the trainers at LA Fitness will guide you to achieve the results you want.
- Life Time Fitness– Nationally certified Personal Trainers at Life Time will help you launch a smart exercise program, move beyond stubborn plateaus, break out of fitness ruts and reenergize your workout.
- National Institute for Fitness & Sport– This fitness center features more than 80 group fitness classes to choose from weekly, training and coaching services, weight-loss memberships, marathon training programs, and more.
- Transformation Fitness & Wellness– Transformation Fitness and Wellness is a personal training studio that is a leading provider of preventative health care in the Indianapolis market. Your trainer will develop an individualized program that addresses your nutritional, fitness, and wellness needs.
Indianapolis Yoga and Pilates Resources
Yoga and Pilates classes offer an active time-out to energize your body and calm your mind. Most health clubs offer yoga and Pilates classes at no additional charge. Check out these Indy based yoga and Pilates resources for a location near you!
Photo by Pilatestrends
- Invoke Yoga & Pilates Studio– As one of Indy’s busiest and top rated yoga and Pilates studios, Invoke Studio features vinyasa yoga, dynamic Pilates mat classes, and Pilates reformer sessions.
- Cityoga School of Yoga & Health– Located off Central Avenue in Indianapolis, Cityoga is a school for yoga and health dedicated to improving total well-being and quality of life.
- Yoga Monkey & Fitness– This yoga and Pilates studio offers various types of Vinyasa Yoga, Ashtanga, Anusara, and Yin Yoga in addition to Power Pilates and Ballet Barre Sculpt classes.
- YogaWorxs– Barbara Kennedy is a certified yoga instructor who shares her techniques of yoga and meditation in classes throughout the Northeast side of Indianapolis.
- Peace Through Yoga– This studio offers over ten different types of yoga classes including Vinyasa, Partner Yoga, and Yin Yoga.
- Evolutions Yoga– Evolutions Yoga Studio serves the greater Indianapolis and Greenwood areas. Here, you will find a laid back atmosphere, friendly help, and dedicated teachers who want to help you achieve your goals.
- Pilates Indy– This studio offers private, semi-private and group Pilates mat and equipment sessions along with private Gyrotonic sessions and Gyrokinesis classes.
- The Yoga Center– TYC Studio offers a variety of yoga classes for beginners to seasoned yoga students with two locations in the Indianapolis area.
- Amanda Markland Yoga– Amanda is a certified yoga instructor who offers an array of group classes as well as private lessons for those who are looking for a more one-on-one approach.
- Pilates With John– Located at the corner of Hoover Road and 64th Street in Indianapolis, John Mulligan’s Pilates studio offers mat based group classes as well as private machine based sessions.
- Mindful Movement Studio– Mindful Movement Studio, located off 86th Street in Indianapolis is dedicated to providing quality Pilates, Regular and Aerial Yoga, Cycling and Tai Chi classes to help you achieve optimum health.
- Circle City Pilates– Located on the west side of Indianapolis, serving Indianapolis, Brownsburg, Zionsville, Whitestown, Avon, and Danville, Circle City Pilates is committed to offering premium Pilates instruction to clients.
- Breath Life Yoga Studio– The Breath Life Yoga Studio works with you to design a class that takes your goals, skill level, and capacity into consideration to develop the perfect fitness regime that best fits your lifestyle.
- The Body Temple Pilates Studio– Indianapolis Pilates studio, The Body Temple, teaches a classical approach to the mind-body system of exercise that conditions and develops your flexibility, range of motion, balance, coordination and core abdominal strength.
- Indy House of Pilates– Recognized as Indy’s top three in the Yoga/Pilates Studio category of Nuvo Magazine, the studio offers Pilates, yoga, Zumba, and belly dancing classes for all skill levels.
Indianapolis Martial Arts Resources
Are you ready to sweat? Mix up your routine with the balance, coordination and strength building moves of boxing or kickboxing while burning 300-600 calories. These high-intensity classes are a great full body workout, incorporating a broad range of punches and athletic drills.
Photo by Keenenh
- Indianapolis Martial Arts Club– In addition to building both strength and stamina, the club’s training program will also help develop mental clarity, relieve stress and build focus.
- Broad Ripple Martial Arts Academy– Located off of 65th Street in Indianapolis, Broad Ripple offers classes in karate, kickboxing, self-defense and personal training.
- Level 10 Martial Arts College– As one of the best martial arts schools in Indianapolis, Level 10 offers pre-school programs and adult martial arts fitness programs where instructors are dedicated to helping you achieve your individual goals.
- Indianapolis Jiu Jitsu Coach– The Indianapolis Jiu Jitsu Coach offers over 38 classes a week where you can learn self-defense, build confidence and have fun while staying active.
- Sensokan Dojo Indianapolis– The Sensokan offers a martial art system for adults that focuses on real world self defense taught by Ted Hanulak Sensei in a traditional fashion.
- American Top Team of Indianapolis– Located off of East Washington Street in Indianapolis, this studio offers classes in capoeira, wrestling, kickboxing and mixed martial arts as well as private lessons by appointment.
- Carmel Martial Arts– This martial arts studio combines self-defense with a philosophy of life which includes goal setting, organization, self-confidence, and physical conditioning that is easily adaptable to every size, shape, and personality.
- Mudokwan Martial Arts– Park Sensei has been teaching Judo, Kendo, Iaido and Jujitsu in Indianapolis since 1967. Instructing a range of individuals from youth to senior in the Japanese martial arts, classes are designed not only for self-defense but a balance and harmony of mind, spirit and soul through meditation, discipline and physical training.
- Bujinkan Indy Dojo– The Bujinkan Studio offers advanced classes, white belt classes as well as three-day workshops taught by experienced instructors.
- Cross Roads Martial Arts– Cross Roads Martial Arts teaches physical fitness through the ancient Korean art of Tae Kwon Do. Classes are both challenging and fun as they integrate physical training, strength, flexibility, and endurance with mental focus and discipline.
Running Clubs in Indianapolis
From the nation’s largest half marathon to an urban trail transforming downtown, Indy has plenty of paths perfect for pounding the pavement. Joining a running club offers the luxury of a workout with a personal trainer, in a sightly setting, free of charge. Check out these Indianapolis running resources.
Photo by Newyorkonanickel
- Indiana Racewalkers’ Club– The Indiana Race Walkers Club (IRWC) is a non-profit organization with the purpose of promoting both recreational, as well as competitive running to its members at an affordable rate.
- Indy Runners– Indy Runners is a volunteer, non-profit club that serves to promote running and walking as a healthy life-style activity and as a competitive sport. The club offers group runs/walks, social functions, volunteer leadership, organized races, and fitness education for its members.
- Life Time Run– Runners of all levels can choose from a variety of training options, running clubs and exciting events, and can work toward personal goals with top run coaches.
- I Run Amuck– The I Run Amuck running club is a program designed for local runners/walkers who want to stay fit, challenge their fitness abilities, and reach their running aspirations.